Sunday, September 9, 2012

Welcome to Day 1

Weight: 222.4

Time: 1:30 Next Juice: 3:30
How do you feel? light headed
Hunger scale: 1

Sunday morning. made two juices before church to drink at 9:30 and 12:30 after service. Now I need to make my afternoon 3:30 and 6:30 juices. This evening the plan is to make all my juices for tomorrow leading up to the 8pm juice. At 8pm tomorrow night, I'll repeat the process for the following day and so on.

Watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" last night, and it really inspired me. Some of the results were phenomenal, but it really drove home the idea, that this is a complete lifestyle change, I cannot go back. What was interesting was, that in the movie, the documentarian asked many people why they eat the way they do, and if they could extend their lives through a juice fast, would they do it. Surprising, most people said no. The general attitude was, I live for today, and I'll die tomorrow, but at least I'll be happy. What was really great however, was watching the juicers in the movie as they struggled to move past the barriers and go into full detox. I really felt then for the first time excited about this journey.

Right now, I feel fine, not hungry (1 on the scale of 1 to 10), but feel my brain is tweaked up a notch, almost as if I am breathing more oxygen than normal. This tweaked feeling is not uncomfortable, just, I feel a little high, and I have to concentrate a bit harder when doing important things like, driving my car. Otherwise I feel pretty much the same as always. From my dry run on Friday, I'm not expecting my hunger quotient to stay this way. In the movie, it seem pretty consistent that folks were uncomfortable for the first three days, but then settled into and felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment